Style Kit preset JSON not importing
I have followed the instructions for importing style kits. I was able to import the WordPress xml file and resources. However, when I go to home-page (for example), I click on Upload & Import, I get expected box, click the Upload Files tab and select my file it immediately uploads the file and puts it in the media library. Now when I click Upload & Import it closes the media library but there is no Import Complete message. It just has the Upload & Import button. When I go to Edit Page (there is no build page – which I expect is due to the unsuccessful import) nothing has changed…the styles / layout has not been applied.
I don’t get any error messages, it just fails silently.
Possible Answers to Your Question:
- Ensure you are on Layers 1.2.4
- Ensure Settings > Permalinks is set to something other than default and click Save to regenerate your links. If your original setup was on default, set it to Post Name and re-export.
- Ensure the json file type is allowed on your install and that the page is published(not draft)
If the file still not importing, try the widget backup method instead:
- Go to Plugins > Add New and search for Widget Importer & Exporter and install/activate on both installs
- Backup your widgets on your old site
- Import the wie file on the new site