Migrating webshop from Woo to Layers goes wrong
We’ve been running a webshop built on Woo’s Mystile theme for 2 years now. The shop plugin is Woocommerce, of course. We want to remake our site and have chosen to go with Layer’s Concept Living theme as the basis for it.
I’ve purchased the theme, and using Duplicator I’ve created a mirror of our shop to test the implementation. As soon as I activated the theme, I got a Server Error 500. After some trial and error it turns out Woocommerce was the culprit. When I rename the plugin through FTP the site comes back. I had updated all plugins before running Duplicator, so the Woocommerce version is 2.6.2.
Installing Storekit did not have an effect on this, the site would crash with and without it. Also, even with Layers basic it would crash.
Any suggestions as to why this might be? How can I solve this?
Possible Answers to Your Question:
- Activate MyStile on the new site.
- Deactivate all plugins other than WooCommerce
- Ensure WooCommerce is updated and run any database conversion prompted
- Download a fresh copy of Layers and reinstall it (delete it from WordPress, re-upload), then activate (this should not cause a problem. If so, connect to your site via FTP and delete the .htaccess file in the root, then return to WordPress, go to Settings > Permalinks and resave on Post Name). See also Internal Server Error HTTP 500 in WordPress Customizer
- Download a fresh copy of Layers Pro, DevKit and StoreKit (whichever ones you have). Note that Layers Pro is now downloaded from layerswp.com/my-account/
- Reinstall them by deleting them from WordPress, then re-upload/activate.
- At this point you should have a functional site. and can activate Concept Living.
- Now activate any other plugins one at a time and test in between to ensure no problems reoccur. Leave server-related plugins such as security, caching or backup for last.