WordPress Admin Menu Overlapping
The menu items in your WordPress admin will appear to shift or overlap one another.
This has been confirmed as a browser bug. See open issue on wordpress.org.
The source of the problem stems from Slimming Paint which is enabled by default in Chrome 45. Disabling slimming paint fixes the issue.
- Copy the following into your address bar and hit enter: chrome://flags/#disable-slimming-paint
- Click Enable under the Disable slimming paint option
- Below that you will see an Enable Slimming Paint option which should have an Enable link under it. Leave this as-is. If it says Disable, click it.
- If you have a second Slimming Paint Phase 2 option, make sure that is also showing “Enable” (meaning it is disabled)
- If you have a Disable link(meaning it is enabled) showing under Enable experimental Web Platform features, you might want to click it for now to disable that feature.
When finished, click Relaunch Now
Did you know?
Our friends at Jetpack are doing some incredible work to improve the WordPress experience. Check out Jetpack and improve your site's security, speed and reliability.