Layers Widget Body Panel never appears in Customizer
When editing a Layers page, you will see the Edit Layout panel, but when clicked, the Layers widget panel (ie Home Body) never appears – only the Mobile Sidebar panel is shown.
This seems to be an issue with setups that have custom post statuses, either from a child theme or plugin like Edit Flow. Your post must be in Draft or Published.
- Go to Layers→ Layers Pages
- Locate the problem page and hover over the title to choose Quick Edit
- In the Status drop-down, choose Draft and click Update.
- Hover over the title again and choose Edit Layout
- Don’t forget to Publish the page once your layout has been saved in the customizer.
If this solved it and you are unsure of the cause of your post statuses, go to Settings →Writing and ensure your default post format is Standard, then check your active plugins for any that enhance publishing, such as Edit Flow. If you are unsure, deactivate all plugins, then create a new post and ensure it defaults to Draft in the Status drop-down.
Did you know?
Our friends at Jetpack are doing some incredible work to improve the WordPress experience. Check out Jetpack and improve your site's security, speed and reliability.