How to Regenerate Images
This article is helpful if you had existing content in WordPress prior to activating Layers, a Layers child theme, or WooCommerce.
- Go to →
- Search for ‘Regenerate Thumbnails’ and click under the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin listing by Viper007Bond. There are several other thumbnail regeneration plugins, but this one is the most thorough. If you want advanced control over the quality and sizes regenerated, you may opt to use WPSmushIt instead.
- Activate the plugin when complete
- Go to Regenerate Thumbnails. This process can take several minutes, so do not navigate away from the page or close the browser until complete.
→ and click
- You may open a new tab and continue working in WordPress until the regen finishes.
- When complete, reload your page and the images should be as expected. If you were having issues with widget image ratios, edit your page layout and reset the ratios and they should now work.
Did you know?
Our friends at Jetpack are doing some incredible work to improve the WordPress experience. Check out Jetpack and improve your site's security, speed and reliability.