How to Create Testimonials With the Layers Slider Widget
To begin, choose the page you wish to add the widget to and Edit Layout (or from the front-end, choose Customize in the admin toolbar)
- Click Edit Layout in the Customizer, then click your page’s Body panel.
- Click +Add Widget and choose the Layers Slider widget
- Expand the second and third slides and click the red trash-can icon to delete them.
- Click Layout in the widget Design Bar. Choose either Boxed (like the demo) or Full Width
- Click Slider in the widget Design Bar. We set our Slider Height to 230, but you can use Auto-Height if you wish. We also set the following:
- Show Slider Arrows: unchecked
- Show Slider Dots: checked
- Animation Type : Parallax
- Auto-play Slides: checked
- If auto-slide is enabled, enter a number of 3 or higher.
- Click on the Background Image button in the slide’s toolbar and choose a background color.
- Click the Featured Image button on the toolbar and select/upload an avatar or logo.
- For best results, it should be square and no larger than 200px by 200px. Click the Circle crop option.
- Click the Image Align button on the toolbar and choose the Right Align option
- Click the Text button on the toolbar and choose the Right Align option and Small Text Size
- Replace the default Title with the testimonial quote or promo headline. These should be brief or one-line quotes.
- Replace the default Excerpt with the name or company of who you are quoting.
- You may optionally link this text to a website or page on your site by highlighting it and clicking the link button on the text-editor toolbar.
- Remove the Button Text/Link
- Click +Add New Slide to duplicate this slide for your text testimonial. Simply edit the Featured Image, Title and Excerpt, and choose a different Image Alignment if you like.
Did you know?
Our friends at Jetpack are doing some incredible work to improve the WordPress experience. Check out Jetpack and improve your site's security, speed and reliability.