Widget Content Option: Column Width
The column width option is available in the Content widget, or custom widgets using Columns, and sets the width of this specific column to a fraction of 12. This takes a little bit of basic math:
- The grid in Layers has 12 possible columns per row.
- For an individual column to span the full width of the page, you would choose 12 of 12 columns, which is equal to 100%.
- For 3 columns to be equally balanced, you would choose 4 of 12 columns for each (4+4+4=12)
- For 4 columns to be equally balanced, you would choose 3 of 12 columns for each (3+3+3+3=12)
- To get an offset look with two column blocks, you could choose 9 of 12 columns for one and 3 of 12 for the other (9+3=12)
You can mix and match these, and create rows with varying width blocks. View the Layers Grids page for a visual guide to how grids work and how you might combine them for different layouts.