How to Restore Layers Page Revisions
Page Revisions were introduced in Layers 1.2.11 and provide a failsafe for your page content in the event you lose your page, or want to roll back to an earlier save. Please always do periodic backups of your widgets and WordPress database, as revisions cannot save you from a disaster caused by something outside of the page itself. See How to Backup Content, Layouts & Widgets
- Edit the page and locate the Revisions box at the bottom
- Click on the latest revision to enter the revision-viewer.
- Use the slider at the top to scroll between revisions. If you just updated to 1.2.11, you should have at least two, your auto-draft from when the page was created, and the snapshot the update took of the page before the update was applied. This version should contain a list of widgets and then your widget content in HTML format.
- Click Restore this Revision on the screen with the content appearing in the green highlighted area.
- Edit your Page in the customizer to check for content. If it is not right, back out into the Page editor and do not Save. When several revisions are available, you may need to switch between a few to get the right one. Save & Publish once you find the right one
You can specify a higher number of revisions per page, or mass delete revisions with a free plugin such as Revisions Control