Audaz User Guide
Audaz is a flexible creative portfolio child theme, built to harness the customization power of Layers. It offers modern visual appeal and simplicity, with the addition of Layers building widgets for even more layout control.
Below are links to helpful articles to get you going with this child theme. The setup order is important to ensure the content you need is present prior to diving into presets and page building.
- Install Layers
- Install WooCommerce & StoreKit
- Install Adeline
- Load Demo Content
- Create New Pages from your favorite Presets
Step 1: Install Layers
Your Child Theme is a collection of styles, presets and templates for the Layers theme framework, which is free to install. View the Layers Install Guide if you haven’t set it up yet.
Step 2: Install and Activate Your Child Theme
- Login to your WordPress admin panel, go to ADD NEW at the top and click
- Click the UPLOAD THEME button at the top
- Click the BROWSE button inside the center white box (Choose File on some browsers)and navigate to the location of your adeline-theme zip file.
- Select the file and click Open.
- Click INSTALL NOW to begin the installation.
- Wait for the success message, then click the Activate link.
- You will be directed to the Getting Started screen.
- Wait before installing any page presets! You must install and configure plugins and demo content first to ensure products load! Proceed with the next section to setup your shop.
Step 3: Recommended Plugins
Layers Pro unlocks additional customization options in Layers and adds new widgets. If you are looking for a way to change the look and feel of Audaz, Layers Pro makes it much easier. Learn More here.
WooCommerce & StoreKit
If you would like to add store functionality to your site, we recommend using WooCommerce. If you are new to WooCommerce, be sure to set aside some time to go through these short video courses on using the shop admin.
Audaz uses normal posts on the demo for its portfolio. The Showcase extension for Layers adds portfolio widgets and a custom post type, with a simple filterable portfolio that can also be used as a lightbox gallery, which greatly extends the portfolio features you see on the demo. Check it out here.
Your theme can be used without any WordPress plugins, but is greatly enhanced both by extensions packaged with the theme, and a few select free plugins we use on the theme demo. The following steps are recommended if you do not have existing plugins to fill these roles or are setting up a new site.
- Forms: Go to Plugins > Add New and search for Contact Form 7 and install and activate it. This is the most popular contact form plugin, used on the Contact page, and is easy to configure.
Step 4: Load Demo Content (optional)
Layers themes use Presets instead of traditional demo content that you load via an XML, but we do provide this file if you do not have any existing Product content and want to rapidly setup Presets. You can find this file inside the Themeforest zip package, or linked here (right-click and choose Save As). You can also use the default product dummy-xml found inside the WooCommerce folder. We do not recommend loading demo content into a site you intend to setup as a live store as it will load tags, categories and other data you may not want in your final setup!
The XML will not setup widgets, customizer settings or plugins, it will only auto-load posts, products and images.
Step 5: Add Layers Pages
Finally, time for the fun part!
- Go to LAYERS → ADD NEW PAGE
- Select a preset, such as Home and click SELECT
- You will be brought to the EDIT LAYOUT screen of the Customizer. Here you may proceed to edit the widget content by expanding each one
- For more detailed help with using Layers and Layers widgets, be sure to review the main user guides:
Note: If you had Layers setup previously or are switching from a different child theme, your previous color settings may carry over and overwrite the Audaz defaults.
Step 6: Customize & Configure
This section provides some recommended setups for your Customizer to help you mimic our demo. To begin, go to LAYERS → CUSTOMIZE
Logo & Title
Our demo uses a basic Site Title and Tagline with “Display Header Text” checked and no image logo.
Fonts are set by the theme on activation. If you have changed them and want to go back to the demo font, choose Open Sans for headings and Lato for everything else
You should create at least 3 menus:
- Header – Assign to the Header Menu location. We recommend adding your Shop and Blog pages, plus Product Categories to this menu. Drop-downs are supported.
- Top – Assign to the Top-Right location. We recommend adding the My Account and Checkout pages to this menu. This menu is intended to be utility, no drop-downs are supported.
- Footer – Assign to the Footer location. We recommend adding the Shipping & Returns or other policy pages here, plus your Contact and About pages if you have them.
If you have installed Layers Pro, you can add social link icons and your profile URLs by using the Custom Link option in the Appearance/ Menu builder.
Save your customizer changes and return to the WordPress admin, then go to→
Create a new menu called “Social” and assign to the Top-Left location.
Our demo uses the Logo Left , Boxed layout with Sticky enabled and a background color of #20102c
Accent and Button Color: #c84158
Our demo uses 3 Footer Columns and the color is #20102c
Regenerate Your Images
If you had content in WooCommerce or WordPress previous to activating your theme, you must run the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin to re-create your theme images properly. See How to Regenerate Images to Fit Theme Templates
Your theme is a premium product with dedicated support offered through Layers Messenger if you have setup or usage questions. To enable the messenger, go to LAYERS → and check the box on the far right in the Messenger panel. Questions about CSS customization or modification should be directed to our Community forums.